Areas of this kamra that needed some fixing and improvements in the build. pictured here is the wax coating.
- Being a steel can, the chemical spills have started corroding and oxidising the surface. Had to partially dismantle and apply some machine oil and coating with wax
- Safelight bulb fused, rated 2.2V, batteries at 3V. Use depleted batteries
- Custom 150mm lens still not sharp unless stopped down to f32, which needs intense light, not suitable in the field, needs a better reproduction lens
- Chemical tray cannot withstand long use, developer oxidises the plastic foil coating of the tetra-pack. Need to find a better substitute
- Fixer tray topples, need to build a platform for stability
- use surgical rubber gloves and accessible wiping cloth within box to limit exposure and contamination of the chemicals