KANTA portraits Malaysia Taiwan Exchange (KMTX) at Centre for Malaysian Indigenous Studies (CMIS), 4th May 2019, 10.30am-12.30pm
A presentation and reflection from the field trips done in Taiwan and Malaysia by visiting indigenous media artist Posak Jodian of the Pangcah tribe, Taiwan and Jeffrey Lim, a local KL-lite photography artist who started a project exploring the concepts of identity. Between April to May 2019, they have been on study trips to four indigenous communities on the Peninsular, understanding and documenting the social and cultural affinity between the communities of both countries.
Both artists will be presenting a preview of their work in the forms of portrait prints, and clips from audio & video recordings. The first film essay “Lakec” from the Taiwan collaboration will also be available for viewing. A selection of maps and studies including literature, the cameras and artworks from previous exhibition in Taipei will also be on exhibit.
– Slide presentation introducing the project & collaboration
– reflections of the communities visited in Malaysia
– clips of audio & visual recordings, artistic expression & methodology
– Q & A session and demonstration of portrait session
Co-organiser / 共同主辦單位
1. 打開-當代藝術工作站 / Open Contemporary Art Center (OCAC)
2. 《數位荒原》駐站暨群島資料庫計劃 / NML Residency & Nusantara Archive Project
3. Center for Orang Asli Concerns (COAC) (馬來西亞半島原住民關懷中心)
Sponsor / 贊助單位
1. 國家文化藝術基金會,臺灣 / National Culture and Arts Foundation (NCAF), Taiwan
2. 財團法人原住民族文化事業基金會 / Indigenous Peoples Cultural Foundation
3. Cultural Economy Development Agency (CENDANA), Malaysia (馬來西亞文化經濟發展機構)