- Casual Interview with grandfather (grand uncle) and a morning photo session. *Interview with Uncle on #rukaitribe names.
- Showing Grandfather & grandmother portraits of natives from Malaysia
- Make connection with school, to seek permission to give a class in photography. Supervisor was on leave. @renhi0.3 recording sound samples.
- Visit to rukai cultural museum, curator, Peresang, in a traditional rukai home, the significance and building methods, culture. She will be going to Taipei to visit KANTA exhibit.
- Rukai Culture Museum, exhibits
- Hitch ride on school bus to next village, thanks big sister Anne.
- Meetup with uncle, and photographer brother (cousin), demonstration with camera.
- Stories of mountain pass of ancestors who crossed over to taitung, settlement of rukai there.
- Meet village head, Tamu, (story of how rukai first settled on these mountains were linked to their dogs), get invited to wedding on Saturday, and got permission to setup camera.
- Walkthrough village with newly made portrait.
- Visit hall & field where the wedding will take place *correction; engagement. There are 3 separate events in the wedding, all happening weeks inbetween.
- Aunt at the corner we meet everyday, promised to make a portrait of her but did not have the chance to. So sorry, will be back july and dedicate a day to you.
- Night conversations with Grandmother (grandaunt, married to the late, legend of wutai). *Photo session with first uncle and grandfather, night. With 8x10 camera #8intrepid #intrepidcamera.
Not many portrait session today, but meeting and having a deeper understanding of the community here. Most beautiful people, with so much in common. We share so many common words, and culture. Mata, Telinga, Bibir, Lidah, Siku, Lima, enam, sepuluh, Aku, are just some of the most common and fundamental words we share. #austronesian #KantaPortraits #BeyondBorders #EdgesofMalaysia
|1. Casual Interview with grandfather|
|2. Showing portraits from Malaysia|
|3. school, recording sound samples.|
|4. Visit rukai cultural museum|
|5. Rukai Culture Museum exhibits|
|6. Hitch ride on school bus|
|7. Meetup with uncle family|
|8. Stories of mountain pass|
|9. Meet village head, Tamu|
|10. Walkthrough village|
|11. Visit hall & field, wedding|
|12. Aunt at the corner|
|13. Night conversations with Grandmother|